Rodney Sinclair is a Professorial Fellow in the Department of Medicine at the University of Melbourne and director of Sinclair Dermatology.
Professor Sinclair has co-authored the section of Dermatology in the Oxford Textbook of Medicine, chapters on Hair Disorders in Rook’s Textbook of Dermatology and Bologna’s text Dermatology Essentials. He is a Dermatology expert group member for the Therapeutic Guidelines in Australia. He is considered a world leader in the treatment of, and clinical research in, hair and skin conditions and diseases, with over 750 research publications internationally. His research is highly cited and he receives regular requests for media commentary on treatment of hair loss and other hair and skin disease.
Professor Sinclair is co-founder and Past-President of the Australasian Society for Dermatology Research (ASDR), co-founder and current President of the Australasian Hair and Wool Research Society (AHWRS) and Past–President of the Skin and Cancer Foundation of Victoria. He is Vice-President of the International Society of Dermatology and Executive Vice-President of the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology. In addition, he is associate editor of the Australasian Journal of Dermatology, and was awarded Honorary Life Membership of the American Dermatology Association in 2012 and Honorary Life membership of both the British Association of Dermatologists and the Ukrainian Hair Research Society in 2021.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne, MELBOURNE (1987)
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Melbourne, MELBOURNE (2004)
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists (1995)
- Fellow British Association Dermatology
- Fellow American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow American Dermatology Association
- Board Member and Fellow International Society of Dermatology
- Board Member and Fellow Australasian Society for Dermatology Research
- Board Member and Fellow Australasian Hair and Wool Research Society
- Skin cancer
- Alopecia areata
- Androgenetic Hair loss
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin
- Skin immunology
- Hair and skin stem cell biology
- 67 951 669 510