Located over three levels at East Melbourne and two levels in Pascoe Vale, Sinclair Dermatology is the largest dermatology centre in Victoria, Australia, treating more than 50,000 patients a year. We:
- treat a wide range of skin diseases from common ones to rare and very severe conditions requiring treatments not available elsewhere in Australia
- are an internationally recognised centre of research in skin diseases
- are a postgraduate training centre in dermatology for other health professionals, including dermatologists from all over the world
For over 20 years, it has been Professor Sinclair’s vision to provide a world-class centre of excellence that offers an integrated service for dermatological patients, doctors and researchers.
Vision"to be a centre of excellence for the treatment of skin disease, dermatology education and dermatology research"
- To provide our patients with quality care, access to the latest treatments and world best technologies.
- To prioritise the needs of the patient through patient care, patient education and patient advocacy
- To advance the national health care system through leadership in dermatology education and population health research
- To enhance the biomedical science through discovery and innovation
- clinics at East Melbourne and Pascoe Vale
- inpatient beds at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond
- a dermatology surgery and laser treatment centre
- a state-of-the-art mole mapping imaging system
- a Hair Disease Centre for children and adults
- a clinical trial centre
- a research laboratory
- onsite compounding pharmacy
- onsite pathology
There are 13 specialist dermatologists, a plastic surgeon, a hair transplant surgeon, a psychologist, five dedicated dermatology nurses, four specialist hairdressers, 20 dedicated clinical trials staff, 2 medical photographers, a dermal clinician and an administrative team of over 20 individuals.
In addition, we have five operating theatres, a range of medical-grade lasers, phototherapy, medical photography and trichoscopy services.
About our on-site compounding pharmacy
PharmacySmart is a registered compounding pharmacy located on Level 2 in East Melbourne and on the ground floor in Pascoe Vale. PharmacySmart pharmacists are highly trained in the art and science of custom medications and will take the time to speak with you and your treating practitioner to identify your needs.
About our on-site pathology
Dorevitch Pathology is one of the largest pathology providers in Australia. It has a collection centre on located on Level 1 at Sinclair Dermatology East Melbourne. Dorevitch is able to receive blood samples, and act as a local laboratory for clinical trials and perform venesection, ECG, PPD and QuantiFERON-TB Gold testing.
Why Sinclair Dermatology?
We are Victoria’s leading centre for dermatology research
We are a general dermatology and tertiary referral centre
We offer comprehensive multidisciplinary care service
We are number 1 in Australia for hair loss treatment
We are number 1 in Victoria for mole mapping and skin cancer detection