Mr Pohl graduated from the University of Sydney and completed his Surgical training in Australia and the United Kingdom, gaining the FRCS and FRACS in General Surgery. Following further study in Canada and Australia he completed the FRACS in Plastic Surgery.
After a position as Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Senior Surgeon at the Royal Hobart Hospital extending 19 years, Mr Pohl relocated to England in 2002, taking up a Consultant Post in Plastic Surgery at St George’s Hospital London, with a special interest in Melanoma and Skin Oncology.
On his return to Australia he was appointed Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Western Hospital, Footscray in 2007, and has appointments at The Peter MacCallum Centre, Melbourne Skin and Cancer Foundation and the Epworth Freemasons and Epworth Cliveden Hospitals Victoria.
Mr Pohl is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, The Royal College of Surgeons of England and a Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Australian Hand Surgery Society and is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at The University of Melbourne.
- MBBS Sydney (1973)
- FRCS England (1978)
- FRACS Plastics (1984)
- OAM (Order of Australia Medal) Queen’s Honours List, for services to Medicine and Music (2003)
- Sydney University Award for Excellence in Community Service (1997)
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellowship (1997)
- All aspects of melanoma treatment
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
- Moles and other Benign Pigmented skin lesions such as Spider Naevi
- Hand surgery
- 96 608 948 563