Dr John Frewen is an Irish Dermatologist, who attained his medical degree and doctorate of philosophy (Medical Gerontology) from Trinity College Dublin (2015), and subsequently completed his Dermatology residency program at Southwest Peninsula, United Kingdom (2023). He is trained in all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology in adults and children.
Dr Frewen’s subspeciality interests include hair and scalp disorders, nail conditions, psoriasis, eczema and advanced therapeutics.
Dr Frewen has authored several dermatology publications and has presented at multiple conferences. Dr Frewen was awarded a Clinical Fellowship with the UK Dermatology clinical trials network (DCTN) in 2021, and continues to work with this group on ongoing trials such as the RAPID Eczema study.
- MSc Bioengineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (2011)
- PHD Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, (2013)
- MB BCh, BAO, BA, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (2015)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) UK (2018)
- Specialty Certificate Examination (SCE) in Dermatology, MRCP UK, (2020).
Areas of Interest
- Hair and Nail diseases
- Therapeutics for eczema and psoriasis
- Skin surgery